I made this smoothie for my husband and 3 year old grandson over the Thanksgiving weekend. My grandson loved it so much he drank my husbands and finished off mine as well! Smoothies are a great way to get fruits and even vegetables into our children’s diet. Try adding a handful of spinach or kale to your regular fruit smoothies. They’ll never know the difference.
Pumpkin is a wonderful source of vitamin A and beta-carotene, making it a tasty and healthy addition to your diet. With autumn in full swing and pumpkin in season, be sure to pick some up at your local grocery to make this delicious smoothie, reminiscent of homemade pumpkin pie!
Makes 6 servings
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 2 cups soymilk, or to taste
- 2 cups ice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, or to taste (alternatively, can use a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice)
Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until everything is incorporated.
Recipe by Mary Ohno via PCRM